You Can’t Truly Experience Christmas in North Dakota Until You’ve Done These 3 Things
The calendar says December. The weather is unusually mild, and we have little to no snow on the ground. As of today, we are 20 days away from Christmas! You might be having some difficulties getting into the holiday spirit. I have several suggestions to perk you up, and help set the tone for the best Christmas season yet...and you can do it all in North Dakota! All of these holiday ideas came Only In Your State. Are you ready to take a holiday road trip?
Road Trip To Garrison!
I have lived here most of my life, and I was not aware that Garrison is the Christmas Capital of North Dakota," because of their Dickens Village Festival. The Dickens Village Festival runs Thanksgiving Weekend (Friday & Saturday) and the next two Fridays & Saturdays. That means December 8th and 9th is the last opportunity of the year. It's the perfect opportunity to get your holiday jump started properly! Here is the complete schedule of events.
A MAGICAL MEDORA CHRISTMAS
There is always something special when Medora is included. It doesn't matter if it's part of your summer getaway, or warming up your winter with a Magical Christmas! This production tours all across North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Montana. Click here for upcoming dates and more information.
The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train
I have to admit, I have only seen this from a distance. This one is on my bucket list for 2023. You have time to make plans to see it now, because the CP Holiday Train will be chugging along through Canada and a few northern states, including North Dakota. According to the ND Tourism website, they have a pretty busy schedule.
Friday, December 15th:
- Hankinson - American Legion Parking Lot. The train arrives at 6:30 pm. Performance from 6:45 pm to 7:15 pm.
- Enderlin - CP Depot, 101 Harvest Lane. The train arrives at 9:05 pm. Performance from 9:15 pm to 9:45 pm.
Saturday, December 16th:
- Carrington - Carrington Depot at 601 6th Avenue NE. The train arrives at 1:30 pm. Performance from 1:45 pm to 2:15 pm.
- Harvey - 600 Lincoln Avenue. The train arrives at 3:45. Performance from 4 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Minot - Main Street Crossing. The train arrives at 6:30 pm. Performance from 6:45 pm to 7:15 pm.
- Kenmare - 1st Ave SW and Central Avenue (East side of tracks). The train arrives at 8:30 pm. Performance from 8:45 to 9:15 pm.
With these magical experiences, your journey to the best Christmas season yet begins right here in North Dakota. So, are you ready to embark on a holiday road trip filled with festive delights? The season awaits!
LOOK: What Christmas was like the year you were born
Gallery Credit: Stacker
LOOK: Holiday gift crazes and fads of the past century
Gallery Credit: Jennnifer Billock