Urgent! Frozen Pizza Recall in North Dakota
While a frozen pie may be the go-to food on game day, stay away from these frozen pies due to food allergy concerns.
According to the USDA, due to misbranding and unreported allergies, Green Valley Foods, a business located in Devils Lake, North Dakota, is recalling around 4,062 pounds of frozen meat pizza items, according to a statement released today by the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) of the United States Department of Agriculture.
The product's label does not list soy, a recognized allergy, as an ingredient.
The frozen meat pizza items may have lot codes 2632 through 2633 and were manufactured between September 20, 2022, and September 20, 2023. The following goods could be recalled: [view labels]:
- 22.75-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing pieces of “GRUBBERPUTZ’S TACO PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Taco Sauce, Refried Beans, Beef, Taco Filling, Cheddar Cheese, and Taco Tortilla Chips”.
- 24.25-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S 3-MEATER PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Pepperoni, Canadian Style Bacon, and Pork Sausage”.
- 23.1-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S HOG UNIT PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Canadian Style Bacon, Bacon, Jalapeno Peppers, BBQ Sauce”.
- 24.5-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S HOUSE SPECIAL PREMIUM PIZZA Made with Pepperoni, Pork Sausage, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Onions, and Mushrooms”.
- 21.75-oz. vacuum-sealed packages containing “GRUBBERPUTZ’S PEPPERONI PREMIUM PIZZA Pepperoni made with Pork and Beef”.
The items that are being recalled include the establishment number "M-47285" inside the USDA inspection mark. These goods were transported to retail establishments in North Dakota, Montana, and Minnesota.
There are no verified reports of negative side effects linked to using these products. A healthcare professional should be contacted by anyone who is worried about an illness or injury.
The possibility that some items are in customers' freezers worries FSIS. It is recommended that consumers who have purchased these products not use them. You should either return these items to the store where you bought them or toss them away.
Consumers and members of the media with questions about the recall can contact Gary Senger, President and CEO, Green Valley Foods, at 701-662-3300.
Your Choices For The Best Pizza Places In Central Maine
Most popular small dog breeds that won't make you sneeze
Gallery Credit: Madison Troyer