Williston Out Door Pool Making Final Fundraising Push
The much anticipated Williston Water World is becoming closer to a reality as funds continue to poor in for the project.
Williston Community Builders and the Williston Pool Action committee are looking to raise just shy of $900,000 by June 15th for operational expenses for the $10 million Phase 1 of the project.
Read the full press release below.
After two years of efforts by an extremely determined and generous community, Williston Community Builders and the Williston Pool Action Committee are proud to announce that they have reached the fundraising threshold required to begin public bidding for Williston Water World. And with one last fundraising push, the project will be able to begin construction in July of 2023.
The PAC and WCB are determined to make this project a reality because of the continued support of the most generous, committed community in the country. Together, we have found a way to #buildabettercommunity #onefriendlyfaceatatime. To recap the fundraising efforts, we have received the following funds to date:
Source of Funding Other Information Dollars Received
Private Donations -Received from Over 300 Donors $7,954,183
Grant Dollars -19 grants applied for - 8 grants awarded - Not included yet are the 16 Outstanding Grants Still Pending and/ or awaiting application cycle $300,000
TOTAL DOLLARS RAISED AS OF MAY 17, 2023: $8,254,183
DOLLARS NEEDED TO BREAK GROUND JULY 2023: $9,133,999
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO RAISE BY JUNE 15, 2023: $879,816
We can’t believe the progress that we have made over the past two years! Thank you, Williston!!
PROJECT UPDATES – PROJECT PHASES!
Williston Water World is so excited to come to life in two exciting phases of the project.
Phase One (Construction beginning July 2023) amenities include:
· Zero Depth Entry Pool · 2 HUGE Water Slides · Lazy River
· Overhead Dumping Buckets · Interactive Play Table · Toddler Slides
· Shade Structures · Lifeguard Stands · Splash Features
· All Sitework · Mechanical and Pool Equipment · Pool Deck Furnishings
· Pool House Featuring:
o Concession Stand
o Check in Stand
o Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
o Two Family Locker Rooms
o Rentable Party/ Event Space
o Lifeguard/ Staff Break Room
o Management Office
o So much more!
TOTAL COST OF PHASE ONE: $10,133,999 (Amenities and Estimate of 3 Year Operations)
Phase Two (Construction Beginning TBD on Funding) amenities include:
· Sport/ Lap Pool · Ninja Cross Apparatus · Additional Seating and pool deck
TOTAL COST OF PHASE TWO: $3,198,976
CALL TO ACTION – HELP US BREAK GROUND IN JULY OF 2023!
As part of our promise to Williston Parks and Recreation to provide for an estimated three years of operational funds, we need your help to raise the last $879,815 for phase one!! This amount will be used for the operations, maintenance, and to ensure the long-term success of this facility in Williston for generations to come. Our goal is to raise this dollar amount on or before June 15, 2023 so we can keep on our timeline to break ground July 2023!! Williston has continued to step up to make this project happen – we know we can do this together!
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $879,815 by June 15, 2023
· All donations are tax deductible as Williston Community Builders is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit · Checks can be written out to “Williston Community Builders” and delivered to: o In Person: Drop off at Lee Suess at 210 University Avenue, Williston, ND 58801 o Mail To: WCB, P.O. Box 2720, Williston, ND 58802 · Find us on Facebook at “Williston Water World” for our PayPal Link or message our page for information on donations
20 of the Worst Jobs to Have in the Summer Heat