Williston ND Offers Convenient Christmas Tree and Ash Disposal Options Provided by Public Works
As the holiday season comes to a close, Williston Public Works is facilitating the environmentally friendly disposal of Christmas trees and ashes for Williston residents.
Beginning December 27th, 2023, a dedicated 20-yard container for Christmas tree disposal will be available at two convenient locations:
- Corner of 5th St E & 8th Ave E (across the street on the west side of old Public Works)
- Western Star Ball Complex - 19th Ave W & 15th St W
This container is exclusively for Christmas trees and will be in place until January 10, 2024, provided residents continue to responsibly deposit their trees.
In addition to the Christmas tree disposal containers, there are 1-yard ash containers strategically located throughout the city. These containers are situated at the following sites:
- 4th Street West & 3rd Avenue West | Recreation Park
- 7th Street West & 11th Avenue West | Our Redeemers Lutheran Church (NW corner of parking lot)
- 6th Street West & 17th Avenue West | Apple Top (2-yard container)
- 9th Avenue West & Recreation Drive | Williston Community Library
- 16th Avenue West & 26th Street West | Dakota Park
- 7th Avenue East & 24th Street East | Moose Park
- 5th Street East & 8th Avenue East | Compost Site
It is essential to note that the ash containers are designated solely for ashes. Residents are kindly reminded not to dispose of household trash in these containers.
For any further inquiries or assistance, please contact Public Works at 701.577.6368. Public Works is committed to providing convenient and responsible waste disposal options for the community, ensuring a cleaner and greener environment for all.