The Williston Marathon Is Set For June 3
Lace-up your running shoes and get ready for a fundraiser on Saturday, June 3. The 2023 Liberty Williston Marathon is the first premiere endurance event in Williston. The event will be held at the XWA Airport on June 3, 2023. this family-friendly day starts at 6:30 am and will have food and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy!
All running races will be Boston Qualifier races. The distances include a Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K. According to the event poster, prize money will be awarded to the TOP 5 RUNNERS for the marathon, ages 18-49 and TOP 3 RUNNERS ages 50 and older.
The marathon is coming together nicely, but help is still being recruited. It takes many hands and time to pull off an event this size. Volunteers are needed for the following.
- Water stations
- Registration Table
- Keep runners going in the right direction
The great thing about this event is it promotes health, and it raises money for the Upper Missouri Relay For Life.
As of today, we are 33 days away from the big day. That doesn't give you much time to prepare. If you want to run participate in this marathon, there are a few basic things you can do to get ready for race day. These are the basics, but more information is available here.
- Build up your mileage gradually: Don't try to increase your distance too quickly. Gradually add miles to your long runs each week, and take rest days to let your body recover.
- Focus on your form: Proper running form can help prevent injury and improve your efficiency. Make sure you're not hunching over, keep your shoulders relaxed, and land on your midfoot rather than your heel.
- Hydrate and fuel properly: Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your runs, and consume carbohydrates for energy. Don't try anything new on race day – stick to the foods and drinks that work best for you.
- Get plenty of rest: Running a marathon is physically demanding, so make sure you're getting enough sleep and taking rest days as needed. You don't want to risk overtraining and injuring yourself.
- Find a training plan that works for you: There are many different training plans available for marathon runners, so find one that fits your schedule and fitness level. Stick to the plan as closely as possible, but be willing to adjust if needed.
- Enjoy the process: Running a marathon is a major accomplishment, but it's important to enjoy the journey along the way. Set realistic goals for yourself, celebrate your progress, and take pride in your hard work.
If you want to sign up, volunteer, or need more information, click here.